Rose Shaped Apple Pie
Do you need an idea for your next brunch ? Or do you simply want to change the way you bake your delicious apple pie ? I have the solution for you in the video below: a rose shaped apple pie !
This recipe is very simple and fast to make. Everyone at home will be happy to taste it. Do not hesitate to try 😉 You can put everything you like in your pie instead of apricot jam and grated coconut, but trust me, this mix is perfect.
With a round pie crust, I could bake six rose shaped apple pies (just roll again leftover dough).
Nbr de roses: environ 6
- 1 Shortcrust pastry dough
- 2 Apples
- 1 Lemon
- Apricot Jam
- Grated Coconut
- Material: a 8 cm diameter round cookie cutter
Prep: 10 min Bake: 30 min
- Preheat the oven to 390° F (200° C). Prepare a Muffin/Cupcake pan with cupcake cases (in aluminium is better).
- Cut apples in half, remove the center and then cut into thin strips.
- Put the sliced apples in a bowl of water. Cut lemon in half and squeeze in the juice.
- Heat in microwave for about 5 minutes (apples must become slightly soft).
- Cut 8 cm diameter rounds in shortcrust pastry dough. Put 3 rounds next to each other by slightly overlapping them on the edges (see video above).
- Spread apricot jam on dough and then sprinkle with grated coconut.
- Put sliced apple on the dough. Do not hesitate to put enough, it will be yummier.
- Roll the dough and place the obtained rose in a cupcake case.
- Bake 25 minutes (depending on your oven) at 390° F (200° C)
- After being removed from the oven, let cool the roses for about 5 minutes. Then sprinkle with icing sugar. Enjoy still warm, it will be even better.