I recently received an order from Jennifer for pink flamingo cakepops. She wants to offer them to a friend who loves flamingos. And I must say that she’s not the only one, these pink birds conquered my heart too 😉
I made her about 15 pink flamingo cakepops. And to have a little fun, I proposed to make one special flamingo: a flamingo who celebrates with a party hat, a little tutu and glitter.
PS: I try to write in english but it isn’t my first language. Sorry if you find some mistakes.
When I create cakepops for an order, I always do a few more to be able to choose the prettiest (yes… with the cakepops, you can have bad surprises), there were still some left on which I had fun.
Discover below full of funny pink flamingos that I made for friends 🙂
For Emmanuelle: a glitter Flamingo with a skull head.
For Jérôme: a minion Flamingo.
For Isaline: a polka dot Flamingo.
For Marcel: a business man Flamingo with a bottle of good wine 😉
And for Clément: a DJ Flamingo, which is thin and with a computer mouse.
And here are the steps to follow, if you want to create pretty Cakepops flamingos:
- Color your gumpaste in the same color as your Candy Melts.
- Make a pink gumpaste sausage and a slightly shorter white gumpaste sausage.
- Glue the pink and white sausage together using edible glue.
- Form Flamingo’s head.
- Insert a piece of toothpick into the head base with some edible glue and let it dry.
- Reduce your favorite cake into crumbs. Then mixing with frosting.
- Mix well until you can form a ball.
- Form the drops (the flamingo’s body) and place them on a plate.
- Melt your pink Candy Melts and mix them with Paramount Crystals.
- Put your lovely straws into the Candy Melts and insert the straw into the flamingo’s body. Put in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, put the entire flamingo’s body into the pink Candy Melts.
- Before the Candy Melts dry, insert the pink flamingo’s head into the body using the toothpick. Put in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, color the beak and the eye of the flamingo with an edible ink pen.
- If you wish, you can make the wings, simply by putting Candy Melts melts in a piping bag with a 1.5 hole nozzle.